Monday, April 8, 2013

Nail Polish Challege, 4, 5, 6....

I know I'm so awesome at this, right?!?!

Week 4:

My absolute favorite of all my colors....  It's starting to goop and gunk and sludge.  So I did what my Ma taught me and I added just the eensiest teensiest bit of nail polish remover to fix it...and it did but it still made it light.  I wanted it to be smidge darker, but I don't like to do TOO many top coats of my nail polish.  So this is the result from Week 4.

Week 5:

This is Rimmel Torrid... I have the first bottle that came out, it doesn't look like this...
I also failed to get a picture because we have had a busy week of spring break awesomeness with the kidlets being home and a trip to Universal Studios on a Monday that made us all feel like we are onsome grand adventure to a place a whopping 95 miles away...  Basically, it just wasn't in the cards!  Plus, I couldn't take the picture with the lovely bottle as I have BEEN doing for the plain and simple reason that the bottle committed soboku and jumped off the night table to the abyss behind it.  I couldn't see it to stick my hand down there, so I am NOT sticking my hand down there... 

We redecorated our kids room on Saturday.  We started preliminary measures and I thought, "Why do my nails now, Friday night, when we are doing so much work tomorrow, Saturday... I should wait!"... And in waiting, I had my hands in moisture hell all day (forgot gloves like an ass) and after my shower I was supposed to sit down and do my manicure at 10pm... we did ALOT on Saturday.
After my shower my nails were so brittle and peely that I went to grab something and my thumb nail caught and boom... nails all had to be taken down...down...waaaaay down... and after I used the nail polish remover I came across a total DUH moment.

I used the nail polish remover to extend my goopy gunky junky nail polishes...  Both the Big Night Out and Torrid... Unfortunately, I failed to remember the critical rule in doing so... You MUST use a base coat before putting on the "Extended" nail polish ... or THIS happens...

Week 6:

The Clean(ish) Look...

Short funky nails on my now sausage looking fingers... Part of the reason why I try to keep length to my nails is to prevent the "sausage fingers" look...  Stained they are.  Not polished.  So now, I will be feeding them Vitamin E oil, buffing and polishing and for Next week's challenge, there will be color.  It probably also helps that because I am firm believer in waste not want not, I still have Prenatal Vitamins that I am taking... I almost never remember to take them on the weekends and I bought this bottle right before I had Marysu (at which time I ALWAYS remembered to take them)... so this bottle has lasted quite a long time as a result.  But when it's gone I'm going to find a good vitamin mix to take to help my nails cause they need a little extra OOMPF once in a while :)

Thing 1 just got softball signed up and ready to go... so the busy bee life will be in full swing and my Single Parent Summer starts all over again :)  This year a little different from last because the wee one is a Toddler in full swing!  I feel a lot of non-house cleaning nights coming on and more keep the children entertained and fed nights...  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment