Wednesday, April 10, 2013

25 and a Half Hour Countdown to Single Parent Summer....

Not that I'm counting down or anything... not all ....

I mentioned before about the Single Parent Summer and here we are again....

The season is well into swing and the first home game is tomorrow, which means the hubby goes back to his fab part time job tomorrow...and just as every year since he's done it, it's in the knick of time, too.   Not that he doesn't LOVE being home with the kids, who doesn't?!  Right?!?!  Right! 

I think that it's important for him to have "him" time, so I embrace the next less than five months.  As long as it makes him happy.

Last season was not happy making due to employee changes WAY THE FUCK beyond his control... cause he's basically a glorified meat puppet...but a glorified meat puppet that gets to watch baseball all evening... So there's that...

I am already getting special requests of things to do from Thing 1...  Fantastical...  We are on a tight budget this year with our Seattle trip postponed to summer due to, well... we want to be there when there is a better chance of the sun being out.  Wouldn't that be nice?  We think so, too!  When you have kids' schedules to work around, the possibilities for time off needs to be grabbed.. HARD! 

I also just came to the realization that my foot hurts and it's not going away and then my tends-to-be-right and amazing Choni told me to change my shoes... well.... I didn't... no esta bueno...  And I realized something else...

I haven't bought new shoes in 7 years... no wait... 7 and a half (don't forget the half!).

When Thing 1 was born it was stunning to me that I gained a shoe size!  I had to shit-can SO many pairs of RAD shoes that I LOVED!!!!!  And my Choni LOVED them, too... It was heart breaking to see all those shoes given away for donation since for some reason I don't tend to wear them out.  All new shoes for my birthday and Christmas later and I still have them all....

I finally did it... I wore my 5 pairs of shoes so far down that my foot hurts.  I mean "foot cancer" kind of worry hurts.  Ma gave me a pair of her old trainers and by old I mean a pair of shoes she bought 5 years ago or so and NEVER EVER WORE...not once... maybe when she tried them on in the store before the purchase...but NEVER EVER EVER wore...  I wore those yesterday and I felt like my feet were being massaged all day.  The pain isn't GONE, but it's not as bad and I was able to go on my walk again today!  Like I need another reason not to get exercise (rain, wind, cold) I haven't walked since my foot started hurting and what started it was a day where we walked ALL day.  Since then, no bueno....  And I even wore a pair of shoes that I thought were the end all be all of my shoes.  My foot hurt SO bad... and it's been off and on, but still a consistent pain...  well, I think we got it now folks.  New shoes!  I bought a pair of Airwalks at PayLess...but I don't think that's what I need.  I need REAL support... frikkin old lady I am now.  I hate this.  But hey, if I have to buy walking shoes for an orthopedic purpose, you bet your ass they're gonna rock!!!  So I'm already putting my feelers out there for something ON SALE mind you.  Good pair of trainers these days run in the high 10's ... not where my price range tends to settle.  Plus I feel by going Clearance rack it requires me to go outside the box and get something more FUN :) 

I have so many ideas of things that the childrens and I can do together while Daddy is working...  I also have to feed them myself sans wrangler... hhhmmm....  that will be trickier than the tricks I've been doing, but I'm sure it won't take much time to get into the swing of things... Thing 1 is back to softball this year and I am excited for that.  I know Daddy is too, especially since she promised she would be more into the practicing at home part.  Last season, not so much...  Of course, it wasn't required in her league, just encouraged.  Now it will be more on the requirement side of the pie I'm sure.  We'll see...  I pretty much just like the Pancake Breakfast and the Opening Day Ceremony... It's so.....ceremonious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment