Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Nail Polish Challenge...

I have set forth a challenge unto myself... and I thought I would share it if anyone cares...



I have a tool box that my Uncle made in woodshop and my mom swiped it for her nail stuff long ago...and it has made it's way into my hands and I still have it :)  I am proud of that fact so give me a reflective moment.....  and here's a look at my collection:


There you have it, all of my glorious colors!




This one's from my latest "Friday Night Manicure".  I have got it down a science at this point in the game.  I am able to do my nails in record time.  I have had enough practice after 7 years with Thing 1...Now that we have Thing 2, I'm a PRO!!  I let it go for a while and realized, "Hey, I actually LIKE doing this!"  So I picked it back up again... and now my nails and nail beds are happy for it!  That right there ^ is "Always Ascher"...  the bummer is that I am not about to go out and buy a bunch of NEW colors because the WHOLE reason for this challenge is so that I use up what I have.  I have a LOT already so why not right??  RIGHT! 
BUT
I WILL tell you ...
This color right here VVV
Is called "You Don't Know Jacques..."  By O.P.I. 



Mind you, that's an older picture and the nails didn't look like jungle vines...they won't for much longer though... getting less simple to do some tasks.  That's when they get trimmed!!

Personally I am surprised that I am able to do this and keep it up and I get compliments on my nails, nail beds, and hands all the time.  All I did was make sure I have this:

Great for the cuticles! 
You can get this at WalMart nice n cheap and they're essential for nail health:

I LOVE my Buffing Block and I even have one at work, too!  Sometimes you just don't know what to do with those pesky lunch hours and I always like to do something constructive!

And of course no manicure is complete without the proper tools!

I keep a manicure set in my purse backpack all the time because... you never know :)  I am hoping to remember to do this every week after I do a new color.  As I mentioned, the idea is not to ADD...the idea is not to WASTE and to get RID OF!

No comments:

Post a Comment