Wednesday, March 6, 2013

DREAM CAST: BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA

Oh yeah, I'm totally going there RIGHT NOW!

I LOVED/LOVE the movie BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA.  It's great, better than great... GENIUS.  I love me some John Carpenter and when you mix up John Carpenter and Kurt Russell there's no stopping their forces!!  I have seen it so many times that I didn't realize that it always felt like something was missing...until one day the wonderful fantastic husband of mine says "Did you know it was supposed to be a western?"...

Uh-huuuuuh...  And then?? 

And how he knew this?  He watches a movie and then if we have the commentary available to us, he watches that too.  If it's great, he tells me it's great and we watch it together...and John Carpenter and Kurt Russell on the commentary are great...  Carpenter talks about how it was SUPPOSED to be a western, but when this was made Westerns were a dead art...DEAD...  They didn't come back until, some say, Unforgiven, I say blasphemy... Silverado was the rebirth of Westerns my friends... TRUST and BELIEVE... But Big Trouble... is '86...  no Westerns...  And that's it...

Western-era San Fransisco and BOOM!  That's what missing!

So talking about this we start to Dream Cast as follows and also imagine that they change the storyline BACK to a Western!


Jack Burton: Chris Pine

Wang Chi: Will Yun Lee

Gracie Law:  Amy Adams

Eddy:  Bobby Lee

Egg Shen:  Jackie Chan

Lo Pan:  Gordon Lie

Miao Yin:  Devon Aoki

and you can basically pick any three top martial arts stunt/actors as the 3 Storms :)

Have fun with that ya'll!!  Cuz we sure did...

No comments:

Post a Comment