Thursday, July 11, 2013

♪♪Nobody Does It Better...♪♪

Oh yes... they fucking do...

Do you want me to give my parenting insight??

Well I can't...

Because this chick is so awesome, she pretty much hits the nail on the head for me ALL the time.
And I LOVE it...but then I'm completely uninspired...because in a weird way I have tricked my stupid brain into thinking I did something...when I didn't... 

This is why I have seemed "Silent Blog, Holy Blog" for so long... because I have read so many things on other blogs that were like "Exactly! Exactly.  Exactly?"  That I started to feel like...what's the point of ME going back and reiterating on it then?

My brain...oh brain you silly think popping your synaptic jazz...  YOU SUCK...

I have a mental check list.

I have a physical check list, too.  I am actually copying OUT of that little blue physical check list right now...

The latter gets less and less love because of my own personal bullshit mix of 1 part hands that hurt and 1 part my job is totally 100% demanding of my time now. 

...my thinks do get written...they get THOUGHT...and when they get THOUGHT, they get mentally catalogued to hopefully be revisited later...but then I read something that my brain thinks "Wow, Exactly!" and that think does two different things...

1. List check marked mentally as if I myself wrote a meaningful post that means a lot to someone.
2. Completely disillusioned and suddenly uninspired because I wanted to say that... that very thing...and I couldn't/didn't say it first... so is life...

I don't like plagiarism.  I don't like anything similar to it.  but I'm telling you... I would footnote the shit out of this blog right here...  It's all the badassness of being a parent and being able to just say, "Fuck it, kids are the way they are, they don't fit in boxes, they don't subject themselves to labels and sometimes you just need to hold them while you poop."

I'm totally sub-paraphrasing by the way...but I'm sure you knew that... I loved this piece so MUCH... 

It's all the Thinks I think of parenting in one place.

Everyone is different, all kids are different.  I realize that my "problems" are MINE...  and granted they are completely welcomed warmly by people that have it WORSE than me...and scoffed at by people have it EASIER... but they're what I deal with on a day to day basis and that's what makes my kids MY kids and MY kid problems MINE.

With two kids that are walking different ends of the kid spectrum and working my patience like so much modeling clay, I love it.  I love when something like this speaks to me so loudly that I feel completely at ONE with my life... As if someone floated up to me and said, "Oh yeah? Me, too, dude.  Me...TOO."

And sometimes, you need a hand on your shoulder.  I haven't always needed one.

My dad used to tell me I didn't require a proverbial (or even literal) pat on the back/shoulder area to keep me going...and that it was a great preservation tool. But to remember that if someone were to come up and give that to me, to completely accepted whether I felt it was warranted or not.  So I believe the former and leave myself open for the latter...it creates a great balance to my particular brand of crazy (which my VERY good friend laughs at daily because she REALLY is crazy ;) and she knows that)...

So here's to the people that take the thoughts from my mouth, head and my heart and express them perfectly... because sometimes, I don't even know what I want to say...and then I read it...and I feel completely awesome afterwards!  And WHO doesn't want to share the feeling of AWESOME?? WHO DAMMIT?!?! 

Catch Up number two...as in poop...

No comments:

Post a Comment