Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Prepare To Be Bombarded...

I told myself I would do this more often...and then I told myself I would keep a little journal (of which I have many rolling on) of blogs I could start... then I told myself that if I don't get to write it on the actual blog I'm safe because I will have the little journal...

And now the little notepad that I keep in my desk at work is half full, the journal I keep in my bag is a few pages full and I can probably sit here and do post after post...but I will just sit here until my lunch is over and save the rest for later.  I have time :) 

Here I sit, typing over a hot bowl of soup that could easily feed two but who cares.  Work has picked up immensely in just a week.  I mean that with the depths of my being... I even used the word immensely.  I work in the accounting department where customer set up is part of my duties (of which I have many) and I maintain the customer accounts (of which there are many).  Basically, I do a lot of stuff.  Usually that stuff doesn't necessarily come with a time frame attached, just when I can get to it I do.  That works for me most of the time and with Chinese New Year and our factories in China being down for two weeks I was thinking I would have time to do a lot of the little odd job maintanance.  Not so much lately.  Apparently we started this new product program that everyone is going absolutely ape shit over and that's so fantastic!  Because I am busier than a one armed paper hanger!  I didn't think I would love it this much, but I really love it!  I love being busy at work! 

And it's the busy at work that is why I am bombarding my blog with posts all at once.  Sometimes at the end of the day there is a half hour window where I have nothing to do and it has been expressed to me that the reason I am here at the end of the day is to answer the phones.  That being taken into consideration, I have no one here to work WITH if I were to do work anyway.  Thus utilizing that 30 minutes for myself by checking my bank account, balancing my checkbook, pay some bills if I didn't already and maybe even send myself a recipe or two or a crochet pattern or two...  or maybe blog if I feel like it. 

Not lately!  And that is why.  I still do not have internet at home.  I can't do it with my current company that has my TV service cause they don't DO that and I am thinking I want to go the route of FiOS like everyone else in the world.  I hate Verizon though so I don't know what we're gonna do...probably suck it up and do it.  Oh well...not the first time I made a special concession in the name of a monopoly...

But not until Spartacus is over... when Spartacus is over and we have watched all of our DVR's episodes we will be doing the switch...I'm still wondering if I should go back to having a home phone.  I'm just thinking that cell phones are still not a perfect science and with the two Littles at home I'm thinking it might be nice to have something to fall back on...and comes with Unlimited service in the U.S. :) 

..I just burned my tongue...

No comments:

Post a Comment