Tuesday, January 22, 2013

365 days ago....


...I went from this...



To this....



and now there's...



It's funny to me....I chuckle about it on a daily basis...how much of that day is a blur and how much of it is like I was watching it on TV and how much of it I remember like it was yesterday...or five minutes ago...

I am constantly learning and soaking in information in this classroom called "Life 101" and I have learned a lot.  I learned that setting yourself up for disappointment is dumb... It really is.  I mean, try for what you want and all...but when all you hear from some people is how things didn't go their way...maybe you're shooting a little too high honey... Knock it off...  I don't shoot at all, so I'm always pleasantly surprised with the outcomes of certain situations and that's what works for me :)  I am a very organized person, I won't lie...  But when I realized that I wasn't going to have the same experience as I did with Thing 1, did I freak the hell out?  No...did I start yelling at people and freaking on them, preventing them from doing the best job possible? No...  I rolled...  that's what I do...that's why I married my fantastic husband... because he rolls with it too...  Now I can happily say that I had the best experience possible because I went in with no expectations... because really, it's all in His hands anyways, right?  Or the Universe's hands if that's your thing.

I had that baby in just over an hour.  I experienced the water breaking...  I experienced one full hour of back to back contractions that gave absolutely NO breaks in between...  constant pain...  two pushes and BOOM!!  And it's BIZARRE to me that once that baby's out it's done... pain gone.  Next on the agenda...

We had a GREAT nurse staff, my doctor made it just in time to catch her and she was, as always, awesome to have in the room...  I am a big believer in doctors, especially when I'm being told I'm "High Risk"...  But I think I like them anyways... Let me rephrase that.  I like MY doctor.  I love her so much that even if I had a regular pregnancy I probably would have had the girls in the hospital anyways cause my relationship with my OB was so RAD!  And we grew up in the same freaking town! 

So that was what happened exactly 365 days ago to the minute...  She was born at 4:10pm and we've LOVED her every minute of every day ever since :)

The Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment