Tuesday, August 6, 2013

DREAM CAST: Live Action TaleSpin

If you were a kid in the early 90's, I don't care WHO you were, you watched TaleSpin...

For me it was KCAL 9 everyday after school until the 'rents came home and then it was Wheel of Fortune and dinner and primetime...

I filled my afternoons with the toons of Disney on in the background while I did homework (yes, I know I actually DID my homework)...

The best part of TaleSpin was it was about a 30's era and planes... I was in... even my dad tried to catch it to watch with  me on his few and far between days off.  Reason 472 why my pop would have loved to live in our time...  DVR...

Anyways, carrying on to the Dream Cast bit... Choners LOVES the underdog cartoon as much as I do and now we are turning the kids on to it... so of course THIS conversation had to happen...

Choni: Who would you get to be Baloo if you they did a Live Action TaleSpin?

Me:  Oh damn... let's do it!  Who WOULD we get? **gets pen and paper and writes down the dreamcasting session.

--This is what we came up with...

Baloo:  Kevin James

Rebecca:  Gretchen Mol

Wild Cat: Steve Zahn

Don Karnage:  Kevin Kline

Shere Khan:  Arnold Vosloo

Louie:  Jack Johnson (you know you want to see this guy act)

and Don Karnage's First Mate:  Steve Buscemi.

And there you have it... try getting THAT out of your head ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment