Tuesday, August 28, 2012

♪♫Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...♫♪~or~ The One Where I Quote David Bowie...

It's official,  we now have ourselves a sitter/crawler/stander pull-herself-up-er.  We now have a barricade in our living room that would give any good Fire Marshall nightmares for a month.  We went out and retrieved "big girl" carseats.

Now we enter one of my favorite awkward phases of babyhood:  NO!!

I knew it was coming, I just hoped we would have a little more time.

Apparently, I was wrong.  That's okay, not the first time...

And little miss teether is opening our eyes to a part of kiddom that we did not encounter with Thing 1...  chewing on everything... and everything going into the mouth.

We didn't have to deal with this the first time at all...  It was quite bizaar and I didn't realize it until this one started to put every single thing in her mouth that I realized:  This is NEW!!  Oh great...  So needless to say, the infant seat is a memory and we are using the new carseats... which means no carrying apparati to run her around in.  We are going to use shopping cart seats now...  Oh yay... one thing comes to mind.  GERMS!!

I am going to FOLD like origami...  I am going to get one of those cloth thingies that you put the baby in so they are comfy in the cart and high chairs at the restaurants... Yep, I'm gonna get one.  I didn't get one with Harley... There are just some things that I felt were gadget-for-gadgets-sake and I was able to keep our baby moments simplistic.  Well, there ARE a lot of gadgets out there...but I think those cloth things are cute...and I want one.  So there. 

I realized, there are a lot of things I have pandered to this time 'round... And on a psychological stand point I already know it's because this is our last.  There is something to be said when you find yourself staring down The Tunnel of The Last Kiddo... 

Sometimes I wish we weren't so gauldarn goddman logical and realistic about things.  If we had gotten the three bedroom house for more  money I would have my kids in their own rooms and a room for another if need be... then I would easily be able to tell myself, Oh we can squeeze another in, and forget about the sleepless nights with ease...and the GD...  Uhm...  I can't ever forget about the gestational diabetes and I won't ever let myself go through that again... 

Therefore, I am really glad that we have a small house, less to clean...  that's A).  B) less to heat and cool in summer and winter.  Big point for us where we live.  HUGE point.  Considering I had to budget for our cooling bill back in spring time to make sure we cover our utilities.  It's been triple digits all summer and we have a baby.. yeah no.  I'm not playing with that... not even a little.

I have had every size house there is...  I have CLEANED them all.  Have you ever vacuumed 4500 sq/f of house?  I have... I have lugged a Kirby up and down stairs at the behest of an anal retentive mother.  NOPE.. NO two story house for me.  Luckily, Choners spent 15 years in a two story house...  he was not a fan...  I live in such a catch 22 of sorts...  and I am glad.  I created this madness because I know myself... I know my hubby..  We are enjoying this last bundle of joy so much because we know she's the last... it kinda makes her more special for us.  Harley was special because she was first.. Marysu is special because she is last.  Not that people that have more than 2 kids don't make them special... but I mean us in our situation... I am glad it is this way.  Doesn't mean I can't long and miss once in a while.  I'm not there yet, but I know I will be one day.  I wouldn't say I am "there" now, I am just acknowledging that it's coming... 

Never said I made sense people.

Also, I never really understood people getting SO many tattoos... stick with me on this...

I talked to a couple of people that have several...SEVERAL... and they all say different things that makes them want more...like the sitting in the chair, the anticipation, the buzz of the needle, the adrenaline rush from the pain... all that I've heard... 

Well, I guess all I'll miss is the anticipation of finding out you're pregnant...the two lines on the test popping up...  The waiting for the sex of the baby...  the stuff of course...  the prepping... rushing to the hospital...  checking out with the baby and going home with an additional family member...  But I will have so many firsts with my girls, I'm sure that I'll forget about all that stuff in time.  One day I'll realize that I haven't thought of that stuff in years and I don't care anymore... 

So many changes...  I'm ready for some good ones... I'm ready to ring in a New Year and put some of this 2012 business behind me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment