Thursday, August 16, 2012

Boredom Warning!! I'm talking kiddos...

I just felt the need to give some people fair warning:  and here I go...

Everyone has a different school of parenting... I like to think I take some old school and some new and have created some what of a mash up... but see...  the thing that is crucial to understand there is... that's what I did for ME.  MYSELF...  all I can ever do is put out there into the void what I did that worked for me, in my situation, and for my kids...  and leave it at that.  The thing is, it works.  When I hear someone talking about something they are doing...and it's not working...and this person is trying to give ME advice... Uhm...  No.  I'll listen...  I'll be courteous.  I am NOT going to go rush home and try this crazy nonesense.  Heh...  Just had to get all that out. 

Moving right along... (dum-e-dum-dum-e-dum)... 

My kids... sheesh... So similar and yet so incredibly different.  It's just going to keep me more fascinated with them as they grow more into their own people.  I could create a spread sheet/pie chart/flow chart and the point would be the same.  We are trying everything til we find what works.  Of course, spooning into our sea of history with the oldest, and my niece and nephew and lil sis, we have quite a few experiences to start with and move from there.  Funny thing is with the wee one... I never thought we'd stop on what works and land on the things that do the trick...  Some more sense making: 

With Harley, she could eat and drink anywhere, anytime, anyplace and no schedule was required.  She was fine on the non-plan plan.  Marysu... pretty much the same.  She needs naps for sure or she gets grumpy on us... but it doesn't matter when or how.  If she's tired, she crashes.  As long as it doesn't affect her eating schedule.  That is what she needs to keep normal.  When she eats her meals.  Bottles... eh...  Food... oh so very important.  Fine.  We can do that.  Which brings me to the biggest bummer from last night.

We get home from a pitstop at Target just to look around and be in a cool place...  Sadie has eaten our loaf of bread.  Yep... so of course I clean up the mess straight away.  Usually I can leave Marysu in the seat for a few minutes after we enter the house.  This allows me to make a bathroom break before "home time" officially begins.  She wasn't having it this time though.  I thought, "Great, she can't leave my sight now.  We are 'There'".  But no, she just wanted out.  And I saw a few things on the floor I didn't want her to come into contact with, Harley needed dinner, I needed dinner, Marysu needed dinner, the dog needed to go outside... yadayadayada...  In my swift fashion, I decided to try the play pen... it NEVER worked with Harley... EVER...  First time for everything though right?  I threw the babe in, Harley tossed her some toys and proceeded to clean the living room (she did a bang up job), I cleaned the dogs mess and she was outside for the rest of the evening as a result of her idiocy... 

I was able to make my dinner and Harley's dinner in the time that Marysu was in the playpen...the bummer part?  I HAD to remove her from her cage of fun because it was her dinner time...and I KNEW that if she missed her dinner time... Daddy would have a bad night... or morning.. however.. it's dark. 

The switch from the play pen to the high chair was made.  Squash, sweet potato, apple, carrot mashup was served with rice cereal for texture (also VERY important for this little girl) and the giant bowl of food was devoured...
The rest of the bummer...she would not return to the play pen.  Running amuck on the carpet ensued and the dog was let in for no other reason than to entertain Marysu.  Harley played with her Zoobles...  watched Cartoon Network...  I had seconds on my dinner.. put away baby clothes... and we called it a night around 9:30...  I picked up the living room from the Hurricane Harley and straightened up a bit.  I had lunch stuff to ready for the morning and to bed I went.  "Cookie's Fortune" on in the background so I could fall asleep sans Choners... 

Well, people... That in a nut shell is a typical night in our household.  Especially when the Daddy is working.  The food changes, the movie at night changes...sometimes I take a shower before bed, sometimes I don't... 

If anyone ever wonders why I don't post day to day.. cause that's it... really.. 

Unless I want to get really motherly on this thing. 

Then I would bring you up to date on the kiddos right now and have something to build from.

Harley: starts 2nd grade on Monday.  Cheese n rice people...  really? 
Lost two bottom teeth... Her muppet hair doesn't grow... so we cut it.  Now, we don't have to trim it for a really long time and it doesn't get rat's nest tangled anymore.  Yay!  She likes anything as far as toys and things of that nature go.  She shouts out preferences if you ask her.  But she's happy with whatever you give her...for now...  I'm waiting.  Patiently.  Feeding her is a new adventure every day and the small battles are won and lost...but me and Dad are winning the war.

Marysu: 7 months as of next wednesday.. what the hell?  Two bottom teeth came in already.  She crawls, she sits, she pulls herself up already.  I'm so not okay with that.  But she has a big sis and a dog to keep up with...what was I expecting?  A perpetual newborn?  Soon she will be out of her infant seat and I already have carseats scouted.  I would have bought them already because I love them, but Daddy had a great point... Where the HELL would I put them exactly?  Hhmm, damn him and his perfectly good logic. 

So them's the kids...  I could make a whole blog about "Shit my kid says"...  Harley and her brain...  which is what she says a lot... "Mom it's not me... it's my brain..."  Which comes out "Bwain"... and makes it so much cuter.

Okay so this is completely turning into randomness and I need to go anyway...  The most important thing right now is my awesome mechanice did my smog and did it so fast that I didnt' have anything with me to pay for it so what is he doing?  Letting me pay tomorrow when I take my other vehicle in... Thank God for small favors :)

And sleeping babies...sleeping babies are great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment