Monday, May 21, 2012

You Must Be THIS Crazy to Ride This Ride...

I find extreme irony in the fact that Choni is always telling me that I have a high tolerance for crazy... Maybe that's how he views it.  I definitely have a capacity for only so much in my life, but I wouldn't necessarily consider that a high tolerance.  I know he mostly chronicles that to the years spent dealing with the exstep's semi bi-polar antics...but that's not IT.  I know he means work situations and dealing with retail workers.  We each were one of those once... I don't see the problem there.  And I always tell people when I meet them that if they are going to get all crazy business on me, I'm done.  Cause I know I have a capacity for crazy  and necessity takes precident so there you have it... 
I have in fact utilized this tact, and I must say; am better for it, I feel.  I was always wondering "You know I SAY this to people, and to myself...but do I really mean it?"  Well, I proved to myself that I very much DO mean it.  And you know, now that I have LESS crazy in my life, I guess that capacity has a lot more leg room.  When we are in a restaurant, or a store, or Harley's school and people are getting weird around us...Choni wants to bolt...I hang..  that's where he gets that "High tolerance for crazy".  I CUT someone out of my life for their crazy...  and I almost had to do it again, but luckily things took a turn for the much, much better and we didn't have to go down that road.  Then, I REALLY did have to cut some crazy out, and DAMN it felt GOOD!!
So that being said... I wonder how he puts up with me!  If Choners claims he has no room for crazy...  I must have a very different perception of myself than he does.  Cause I thought for SURE...I would fit in that very category...what with my never ending collection of chapsticks and lip balms...my pen collection that would keep a small army writing for years...  and my...well, how many cameras DO I own now??  I couldn't even tell you...And typewriters!  Did I mention the typewriter collection??  Yeah..I have one of those...but so does Tom Hanks so it's okay...  Moving on...  All the caps I have brought home from work...  Granted..the man has a plastic arsenal on the wall of our spare room lovingly dubbed his "man cave"... but I digress.
I often wonder WHERE I would be if he had the same rule I did...turns out he kinda does...but luckily, the crazy people HE knows are SO crazy they straight up forget he exists so he doesn't have to interface with them and everybody wins!  yay!  It's one of those moments I know I have something really special cause he loves me just the way I am...and damn...  what does that say about him??  haha, just kidding...but not really...  I think we're both pretty nuts but it's that really good kind that goes together like peanut butter and marshmallow creme... mmmmm... 
I mean come on, what with our neverending capacity to remember movie quotes..and who was in what and what else did they do with their lives?  That's where the crazy comes together...  And even Harley is picking up on some of those such things..  "Hey that's the same guy as 'this' movie..." and so on...  oh no... is she going to be the "weird" kid in class??
Atleast she's not the smelly kid...  I couldn't let my kid be the smelly kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment