Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The One Where We Think We Are On The Travel Channel ...

It’s usually around the 3rd try (which is NOT always the charm) of trying to scan something into my system that I decide a break is in order.  How does that go?  Insanity by definition is the act of attempting the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?  Something like that…and who wants to be defined as insane?
Not I said the fly.
I’m not really sure what I intend to mention here…
Maybe just some fact mentioning…
I got a new laptop.  We are still without full internet access: a) I am boycotting major providers because the only ones available to me are fascists… b) the cost…  I was hoping I would be inspired to do any type of intriguing posts on the laptop and post it later at work.  Well, I am now probably going to shitcan that idea ever-so-temporarily.  We are currently in the throes of getting back to our daily Daddy’s-not-working lives.  I do less shopping for recreation.  And usually it will take until right before Christmas for us to start doing very different things when I get home from work.  As it is with the wee one, things are slightly different.  I get home and I get the kids. 
The objective of the night: 9pm bedtime.
Not too farfetched.  It gives us 1 hour of Mom/Dad time before optimum parent bedtime is achieved.  We have a high success rate.  Success rate tends to be higher when we don’t go anywhere.  I realize that sounds bloody lame, and boring, and unexciting, and the opposite of awesome.  But we are super savers and tend to get off on watching our bank accounts climb J and climb J 
I must say, we do have quite a “rest of the year” planned considering that fact…
And not to mention what we already did…  Had the baby…that’s A… we had a great week when the Ninas came out.  Then there was my trip to my cousins with the kids…drove the van.  No flying.  Then there was the ever present big birthday bash for Thing 1.  We still have a wedding up north to attend, and more up north family fun in December to ring in a 50th wedding anniversary.  And we are totally going to these events because family is #1 J We have already planned Spring Break in the Emerald City because the Ninas are bomb… and Harley has been asking to go back there.  She wants to show her sister her favorite town (other than her own of course)…  It’s been two years since Choners has been up there and he wants to go so it seemed fortuitous that the baseball season does not start at home this year, but away…for the first time in what will be 6 seasons… 6 seasons man… whoa... I can’t believe he’s been doing this gig that long… J  So we are happy campers!  The wee one…she will be unfazed… well, maybe not entirely.  She might be slightly fazed by the 18 hr car ride.  18 hrs with a 14 month old.  Yeah, we live on the EDGE!
What was my point?  Oh yeah, super savers!!!  The mode is on…NOW.
Generally I park myself with the kiddos when I get home because I miss them sooo much!  And daddy has his manly things to attend to…trash taking out, dish doing, dinner cooking, laundry folding… things of that sort.  And I would do all these things, but he just about THROWS them at me... How do I argue with that?  Hehehe…

"How To" tip of the day: 
if someone is hovering and you want them to go away...  Share the last diaper changing experience you had...  you can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment